Preparing & Marketing Homes for Sale with Home Staging
Rydel Interiors Home Staging before Listing:
* Helps agents market the home by showing it at its best!
* Highlights each rooms features and functions
* Assists the sellers to view their home as an investment
Selling a home can be stressful for the seller, part of my job is to help them through the process and show them how to view the home through a buyer’s eye and getting the most for their home as an investment.
Home staging includes:
* Identifying potential buyer objections and addressing them
* Packing and organizing
* Curb appeal
*Painting, updating (based on market and demographic)
The Reason is Most buyers want move in ready, and no matter what the price of the home will want to deduct what they believe the repairs will be.
Now the fun part of Home staging is about showing the homes potential by:
* Arranging furniture to show function and focal point of each room
* Neutralizing decor to appeal to most buyers (think model home)
* De-cluttering to show spaciousness of rooms, closets, cabinets.
Again, the reason is: Most people can’t “imagine” themselves living in home that is too taste specific, that is full of personal items, they will feel like they are visiting someone else’s home and will get distracted from the homes features.
Last and most important: The home has to have “emotional connection” points that will draw buyers in and make them feel like this is home!
COST: Rydel Interiors works with all budgets starting with what the owner’s already have and makes dramatic changes. Each home is different, most homes just require a consult and someone to give them direction with a detailed Action Plan, and they are able to make the changes themselves, however, even spending $1500.00 is better than reducing the cost by $10,000. US Housing and Urban Development reports that a staged home will sell on average, 17% higher than an un-staged home.